Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Title?

I'm still alive and well, but life has been a lot more hectic the past few days. Last week we worked out a day-off plan, and it's supposed to be approved 1 FEB, so I may be able to have a day off in the near future. It'll be nice to be able to sleep in, work out longer, and try once again to go to daily mass.

On Sunday I missed my usual Church serivice because I was doing last minute preperations for a briefing I had, but I was able to make it to the Protestant Contemporary Service. I really liked the service, praising God with other Christians, and the fellowship, although I definetly missed the sacrements. When the service ended I longed to stay there and pray, but had to get back to work. Later on after my shift ended I tried to go to evening Mass, but found that that is only on Saturday and not on Sunday. The past few days I've been reading the religious service schedule all wrong and showing up on the wrong days. I think next Sunday that I'll try and attend the PCS again, but also try and make it to Mass.

My roommate arrived yesterday. It turns out we had met before back at Hood and actually gone together to the range shortly before I deployed. Having a roommate now forces me to actually get up the first time my alarm goes off instead of pushing snooze a few times. We went to the gym together this morning and I lifted weights for the first time since crew season. Up until now I've just been doing cardio, abs, and push-ups. Truth be told, I was a bit nervous and intimidated started out again on the weights because standing next to me were guys lifting ten times as much. (slight exageration). It was a short weight work-out, but still felt good. Goodness, I'm turining into one of the guys and talking all about weight-lifting.

2 comments:

  1. "turning into one of the guys"... if you find yourself grunting, spitting, and wanting to take out a knife and sharpen the end of sticks , then you should be concerned about "turning into one of the guys". I suppose obcessing on pickup truck or a specifc car or motorcycle might qualify as well.

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you didn't obsess over the details of the workout, so you're not really talking about the weightlifting itself. no worries, lifting isn't a male-only thing, at least, not if you want to win boat races. and maybe you could do some quiet/devotional time instead of attending two church services? :p

    ReplyDelete