Saturday, January 14, 2006

Just Another Day

Good news, it's a four day weekend....back in the states. Here it's work work work as usual. I average a 12.5 hour work day, not including PT. I'm slowly getting adjusted to what I am supposed to do. Usually I have long periods of sitting at a computer trying to look productive followed by frantic work on a requirement that just came up, such as getting intel on a convoy route and preparing to brief it.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me letters and packages. I haven't recieved any of them yet, but I'm told they are on their way and I'm looking forward to getting them. Jordan M. found out that she's in the same Brigade Combat Team as me, so she may end up deploying to the same camp. I really hope if she does deploy she does come here, although it's too bad that she isn't in the same BCT as her husband Zack.

I've become addicted to the show 24. Each night I usually end up watching an episode before bed. I bought the first episode before I got here, finished it up on the trip from Kuwait to Iraq, and bought the next two episodes here in Iraq at the PX.

The food here is pretty good, although it's already starting to seem like the DFAC serves the same meal every other day. I also think they try to figure out the least healthy way to prepare the food, such as frying everything.

Just said by one of the NCOs I work with, "Anybody find it ironicaly funny that there is bird flu in Turkey?"

1 comment:

  1. isn't the food done by third-party contracters? geesh. i have a ton of work to do this weekend too--school's loading up already (i hate organic chem). the first two eps of 24's 5th season just aired, and those are the first 2 eps i've seen. i guess i'm a fan, but i don't have time to watch even!

    take care over there.

    ReplyDelete