Friday, January 27, 2006

No Good, Very Bad Day

In elementary school I read a book called <i>The No Good, Very Bad Day,</i> or something akin to that title. Today was a day like that. It actually started started out okay with a light workout, but as the day progressed it went downhill. My morning prayer time was shorter than I would have liked. Well, I suppose it's that way every morning, but today it was even shorter than usual. I had small lull in work and so I pulled out the Catechism of the Catholic Church and started reading some more of it. The fact that I was reading was noticed and it was then determined that if I had enough time to read then my work load should increase. That was when my day really started to go downhill. When I went to check up on the incidents going on in the area of operations the program I use the most decided to erase all of my data and not let me load any new data. I tried installing it on another computer, and the same thing happened. When I tried unistalling it and then reinstall
ing it the program would not even open for me. I've emailed the creator of the program and am praying he is able to fix the problem, because otherwise I won't be able to do half as much analysis as quickly and effectively as I have been able to do so far. That was the big bummer of my day.

Hmm, windows media player keeps freezing on my and won't let me play my DVD. I've finished the second season of 24, but am waiting a few days before I start the third season.

Yesterday I got a package in the mail from Rachel, and today I got a card in the mail from Adam. Both things were very nice to get. The package Rachel sent me had chocolate-caramel brownies that she had baked (and they survived the trip without getting stale, although she wrapped them in serane wrap and then double bagged them), two pictures of me with some friends, a book, and fruit cups. It was a great package to get :)

1 comment:

  1. that's a horrible software bug :( what kind of program is it? and could you whip up a workaround?

    ReplyDelete