Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today's class was a lot better than last week. The instructors have realized that my class needs to learn some basics before moving on to enemy Course of Action (COA) planning. Originally my class was not going to have a formal block on Opposing Force (OPFOR) Weapons, Equipment, and Organizatoin (WEO), but the course director has changed his mind. Today we started our week-long WEO block, and I found class much more interesting and understandable. We still have homework and a bunch of stuff to memorize tonight, but at least I understand this stuff so far, or understand it more than I did the other stuff we've done besides Army Ops.

On a different note, today my TAC-NCO annoucned that he was going on leave for a month becuase his father is starting Chemo and he needs to be home to help his mom out. Him mentioning chemo rubbed a raw emotion a little. I wasn't about to break down this time, but I do remember a few weeks ago sitting in class during a break and all of a sudden I started thinking about Betsy's experiance having some tubing removed and how horrible it was for her and I almost broke down. Stuff like that hits me occasionally, but not too often.

Running during PT was hard for me today. My whole body felt heavy, especially my arms. They felt like lead weights, and my legs turned into lead weights on the last half of the run as well. Everyone else seems to be improving a ton, and I feel like I'm getting worse at running.

No comments:

Post a Comment