Monday, August 01, 2005

My weekend:

Friday night Rachel, Jordan M., Kate W., and two other recent MIOBC west point grad arrivals, had a girls night out. We were originally going to go to Applebee's for dinner and then see Must Love Dogs, but the wait at Applebee's was too long, so we ate at the food court in the mall and then went to the bookstore there before the movie. Kate, Jordan, and I didn't like the movie very much because there was a basic lack of a few moral values, as well as no solid groundwork for the relationships in the movie.

Saturday I woke up to Jordan calling me at 9:30am to tell me that we might not go to Tombstone that day due to the possibility of stormy weather. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched tv and finished my homework. Around noon I went shopping for some new running shoes, but didn't find any that I liked. Jordan, Kate, and I did end up going to Tombstone in the afternoon, and while we were there we had a old western picture taken of us. We choose to forgo the bar-girl western look, and instead were gun slingers dressed up in cowboy hats, trench coats, with a pistol and a shot gun. The picture will probably remain buried in the bottom of one of my trunks. I look like a giant standing between both of them (I'm a head taller). After that we went back to the movies and saw Sky High, which Kate and I enjoyed, but Jordan found it a bit annoying. Following in the movie we had dinner at Outback, and then I came back and did laundry till midnight.

Annah invited me to go to some caves Sunday morning, but I told her I couldn't go beacause of Church. Sunday morning I went to my usual Church services, and then came back and watched a bit of TV. Nothing was on, so I ended up taking a 3-hour nap. Rachel came over at 6 and I grilled hamburgers on my George Foreman grill. Now I'm sitting here writing this and watching what appears to be another storm approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment