Friday, August 26, 2005

So far at OBC I've learned that there are different strengths of rubbing alcohol. but no matter what the strength eventually inhaling too many fumes will make you feel sick. Right now I have my window and door wide open trying to air out my room after cleaning off my acitate with rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover.

Another thing I learned is that my class likes brownies, and baking brownies may get me a free dinner. I've baked brownies for my class twice so far. The brownies are chocoloate brownies with a caramel middle and chocolate chips. Very rich, but people seem to love them.
When I've made the brownies I've also shared them with some people I know in other classes, or rather some people I've seen in other classes who also live on the same floor as me in the VOQs. One of the guys thanked me for the brownies by taking me out to dinner tonight. We went to an italian resturant that had really good food. The dinner was nice, and he gave me advice and tips about being deployed and being the army in general. He also was really nice and supplied me with some more rubbing alcohol after I ran out this evening, so I gave him an extra brownie that I had left over.

I checked the air conditioning in my car tonight and found that it needs to be refilled again. Oh joy.

Joe Bear may be going to OBC sometime in the future, although I just thought of one problem. He's supposedly branched infantry, but this is MIOBC. Perhaps he'll do the service-time for branch option and go MI.

Last night I had a dream that my class was going on a run, but we were split into two running ability groups. My TAC would be leading one group, and DPE would be leading the other. I was not happy about DPE invading my dreams.

Tomorrow my squad has to give a 30 min briefing on our mission analysis on military operations other than war. MOOTW is far more interesting than the conventional fight. It reminds me of some stuff I did last year in my CS classes.

Now I am just typing to type when I really should be getting to bed. Bed, sleep, gooooood. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment