Monday, July 25, 2005

Right now I'm sitting at my computer taking a break from working on my homework. Having a 100 pt homwork project that is due Tuesday morning assigned right before the end of class on Friday is a bit of a damper on the weekend. That and not being released until 6pm on Friday. That aside, the weekend has been fairly relaxing.

Friday night Rachel and I drove up to Phoenix so that we could sleep in a bit on Saturday before going tubing down the Salt River. As we were pulling into the hotel we saw Chris, Andrea, Vivian, Natalie, and Patrick pulling in right ahead of us. The next morning we all met at breakfast and headed to the tubing place. It's a good thing that we all ran into each other, because we never managed to find the rest of the group. Having a smaller group was nice, because we were able to tie all of our tubes together for the 5 hour trip. The river was crowded with people going tubing, but it was still very relaxing. I put on tons of sunblock, and reapplied it every 30-60 minutes. My face didn't get burned, but I think the sunblock basically just washed right off when I put it on, and so I ended up with some burnt spots on my legs. Afterwords we all went to a late lunch/ early dinner together and then headed back to SV. On the way back, Rachel and I noticed a storm ahead, which turned out to be a dust storm. It was a first for both of us. In a few spots you couldn't see anything at all, and it was extremely windy. Right after the dust strom was a torrential rain storm. I guess monsoon season has finally arrived.

When I got back I did laundry and started on my homework. At one point I saw one of the guys in the other class and found out their class hasn't had any homework at all.

I finshed my laundry around midnight and went to sleep. Around 4am I woke up to a hugh clap of thunder. There was a thunderstorm directly overhead. I looked at my clock and rolled over to go back to sleep when the phone rang. I thought that was rather strange and wondered who would be calling at 4am. It turns out it was a guy in my class calling to see if the thunderstorm had awaken me. We talked for a few minutes about class, the test, and the tubing trip until the storm got further away and then I went back to sleep.

In the morning I headed to my unsual church services, and then when I got back Annah called. She and Amanda arrived Saturday afternoon, and they came over and I gave them a quick tour of post. Afterwords I started working on the homework again. It's been a rather half-effort attempt all afternoon, so I haven't made much progress.

I hope that Kate and Jordan arrive soon. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. All of the WP's who didn't start with my class have to report this Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment