Monday, July 04, 2005

Breaking news on the unit front....well, breaking news for me at least. The word I've been hearing is that the division isn't depolying until September, which means that they won't be coming back until September. I'd say, from everything I've been hearing and reading, that my chances of being depolyed right away are far greater than my chances of being left at Hood until they return.

The other major news is that my division may be moving to Fort Carson, CO, when they return from the deployment. Here's a link to the article from the Army Times: 30,000 soldiers of 4th ID and 3rd ACR to switch bases.

Looks like I may be doing a lot of moving around in the next year or two. Fort Huachuca to Fort Hood to Iraq to Fort Carson. Nothing's for sure yet about where I'll be, but that's what it's looking like at the moment.

In other news, today I hung out with Rachel and Jordan. Jordan leaves tomorrow morning, so I'm really glad I got to see her today. While I was in Rachel's room Ryan and Omar came by, and Ryan gave us an update on who all is here now. He's also the one who initially told me about the possible move to Ft. Carson. It's so nice to now have people I know here.

No comments:

Post a Comment