Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I feel like I'm in a maze of phone numbers and I don't know how to get out.

Last night my ear was still hurting, and then kept me from sleeping very well during the night, so I went into sick call this morning to get it looked at. Turns out I have a rather nasty ear infection, so now I'm on motrin, ear drops, and amoxicillin. (The doctor did tell me that most ear infections are viral, not bacterial, but he still felt antibiotics were worth it in my case.) The doctor also told me to go see an ear, nose, and throat doctor due to the strange reoccurance of ear pain when I go home.

At the clinic this morning they told me to go online and make an appointment with the doctor, and also gave me two numbers I could call in order to make an appointment. I looked online and didn't find any appointment making places, so I called the numbers. The first one didn't work, and the person who answered the second one told me that I had to make an appointment through TriCare. He gave me a number to call, which I called. After some automated voices telling me to make different selections, I reached a real person who told me that I had to call someplace else, and she gave me the number. I called that number and another machine answered. It asked me to select my former TriCare region, which I had no clue about so I had to go online and figure that out. After I made the correct selection I reached a real person who proceeded to tell me that I needed a referral to make an appointment, and he gave me a name of a person who has to provide the referral, and a number for them to fax the referral to. I then tried to look up the name so that I could email her, but couldn't find it in the global address list for West Point. I decided to look up the doctor who had seen me earlier today so that I could email him and explain the situation, but he wasn't listed either.

Right now I'm wondering whether it's worth all the trouble of continuing my search of how to make an appointment. I may just say forget it and hope that since I'm driving home for Christmas, and any time from then on, I won't have any more ear trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment