Friday, November 12, 2004

This morning I woke up at 6 to go volunteer at the Salvation Army a few towns away. Jim, Chris, Jay(?), and I shoveled gravel on a driveway for four hours. It was a good workout, and the driveway looked much better once we were done. I made it back to West Point just in time to be picked up by Mrs D., my ocf group leader, to eat lunch at her house with her and the kids. It was delicous, and I enjoyed meeting the kids again. After that I had about an hour to relax/get ready to go to the Passion concert in NYC with Jim and Joey. The concert was really good, except I have an Africa in my life that I'm having trouble with.
Plus, my mind was wandering a lot. It's been doing that more recently when I pray, and I don't like it. I want to be focused on God, not on anything else. So frustrating.

An Africa is something that you are worried God will ask you to do if you give your whole life to him. It comes from people being worried that God will tell them that he wants them to give up everything and go be a missionary in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment