Friday, November 01, 2002

Tomorrow I have one class all day. It's physics first hour and then I'm done. That's because I have a Calc drop and then am leaving at 1245 with the crew team to go to Washington DC for the race on Saturday. Normaly I have econ last hour on Day 1's, but I get to miss it tomorrow. Yay! The huge spreadsheet project is going along pretty well and I'm hoping that I won't have to stay up late Sunday night working on it.

Coach finally told us the results from last weekend. My boat finished 3rd in the JV boats. I don't know what our place was overall. The A boat did come in fourth which is totally awesome. This weekend I'm back rowing in the four. DCA hasn't even ordered the quad yet. It's pretty frustrating because we know that the boat is ready for us to pick up the moment they put in the order, but we're not allowed to get the boat before it's even ordered. Coach Hall said that it looks like it'll be a pretty good race and we have a good shot at coming out on top. Last year at the Occaquan my boat, a novice eight, came in second. Then, Coach suprised four of us and told us that we were rowing again in a varsity four race. I think in that race my boat came in 11th out of 20-some. This year I was going to row in the four and the quad, but since we don't have the quad we're only rowing the four. I'm kinda sad, but also glad that I only have to row six miles instead of twelve on saturday.

I wish that we could stay in Washington DC a little longer and go look around. I haven't really done that since Junior Year of high school at NYLF and then the Naval Academy Summer Seminar. Beth is probably really sick of Washington DC, but that's because she grew up there. Both her parents retired as LTC's in the military and I think at one point they both worked in the Pentagon so she actually spent many saturdays when she was little rollerskating inside the Pentagon on weekends while they worked. That sounds kinda cool, but musta sucked for her after awhile because she couldn't go play with her friends at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment