Monday, November 04, 2002

Yesterday was a good regatta for Army Crew. We medaled in almost every race we entered. My boat finished fifth out of around twenty in our race and the top five got medals. I was really hoping for first and so I was kinda dissapointed, but I guess it's better than nothing. During the race I thought we were doing really well because we pulled really far away from the boats behind us and then we passed a boat ahead of us. Oh well.

Last night I talked to Frank, Steph, my parents, and Betsy on the phone. I'm so happy for Steph because she just joined the Air Force. She reports to basic in Texas in March. I think it'll be an awesome experiance for her. Betsy's moving home and bringing Asher, her rabbit, with her. Mom sent me some pictures of Asher and Berry together. I can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving. Asher is so cute. I wish that I could see Besty longer at Thanksgiving, but she's going to go visit a convent in NYC the day after Thanksgiving. It figures, I come home from NY and she leaves for NY. I told her that we have to spend a lot of time together during Christmas. Frank, as usual, needs sleep. I feel like I'm getting more sleep here than most of my friends at home do. Perhaps I'm just better adjusted to a lack of adaquate sleep.

On the way back to West Point I talked to Annah about my feelings about the Army and West Point. Before I came here I thought that I'd stay in the Army and wouldn't do the five-and-fly option, but now I'm really questioning that. Sometimes I think I'm too idealisic and buy into things too easily. I expected West Point to really be the best of the best and the everybody in the Army to exemplify the Army Values. I have way to many thoughts swimming around in my head right now and their all crashing into each other. I want to graduate from West Point, be an officer in the Army, work for the NSA, marry, have kids, be happy. Right now I want it to be Thanksgiving. Only
23 and a butt days until I go home. That actually sounds okay.

I also talked to Annah a little about guys, notably the absence of one right now. I haven't really liked anyone in a few months and although it's been nice most of the time, occasionally I wonder if there will ever be anyone out there. Is there a nice guy out there? Anway, Annah offered to introduce me to Paul. She says he's a nice guy and Beth said that she could see us together. I've never really talked to Paul, but I've hung out with Annah a couple times when he's been around. He seems like a nice guy. Paul, however, likes Annah although Annah does not feel the same way about him. I do want her to introduce me to him, but I don't know if she'll remeber, plus I have no clue what'd I'd say after "Hi". Besides, Paul likes Annah as I already said. Then, I keep remembering about how in high school I kinda hooked Frank up with Sarah only to realize that I liked Frank. What if, on an off chance, somethine miraceoulsy did happen and then Annah realized that she liked Paul. I would never want someone to feel the same way I did sophmore year. Basically, I want something to happen, but I'm coming up with reasons why it shouldn't and why I should just forget the whole thing. I think I'm in the self-protect mode again. My solution is to leave it up to Annah. If she wants to introduce us then she can, if not, then fine.

Hmm, I make my life really complicated sometimes. Why?



No comments:

Post a Comment