Monday, November 04, 2002

-They took my brain out of my head, beat it with a meat tenderizer and then made it into hamburger.
-Shoot me in the face!
-BOHICA

--My thoughts on the econ spreadsheet project

"Shoot me in the face" and "BOHICA" were commen phrases during first detail of Buckner, aka Buck-Nam or Buckghanistan. "Shoot me in the face" was first said by an NCO who was teaching us how to set up a claymore mine. It stems from "shoot 'em in the face" which I think was to remind us to position the claymore so that it detonated towards the enemy. "BOHICA" is an acronym for "Bend Over Here It Comes Again" reffereing to any seemingly pointless or stupid thing that we had to do during Buckner. An example being...hmmm, it seems I've blocked most of them out of my mind. I guess it was too traumatic.

Ah yes, the joy of lower back/butt pain. I think crew is slowly ruining my back. Hopefully it's not long term or anything. It seems to be only on the left side and somewhat deep inside. It's more of a sharp pain only when I move. As I told Alyson, we're no longer on the water and so hopefully the pain will either go away or just even out since I won't be leaning to port all the time anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment