Saturday, November 05, 2005

Productive Friday

Friday I was actually fairly productive, which is unusual when I have half a day off. At 9 am there was an AAR for JICTC, but that only lasted an hour. After that the TAC team talked to us briefly about what’s happening next week, gave us a safety briefing, and then released us. I had an appointment at 2 pm to finish the paperwork for my DITY move, so I turned down Andrea’s offer to go run intervals because I didn’t want to have to change out of my uniform only to change back into it later. Instead I went back to my room and read one of the books that I recently ordered, The Family That Nobody Wanted. I’ve actually read it a few times years ago, but I like it and wanted to read it again. At 2 pm I went and completed the DITY move stuff and then finished all the out-processing that I could do this week. After that I drove to Gas City and get my car washed. When I got back to the BOQs one of my friends was in the parking lot unloading stuff from his car because he was about to go get it weighed for his DITY move. I had thought about getting my car weighed today, but felt too lazy until I saw him getting ready to do it and so I decided to get it out of the way as well. The process was a lot easier and faster that I thought, and now all I have to do is go back and weigh it again after I’ve finished loading everything into my car. Since I hadn’t exercised yet my friend asked if I wanted to go on a run later. That was something else I knew I needed to do, but had been putting off. We ended up running up Reservoir Hill, but then walked down it. I ran it up and down it doing a longer route last Saturday, but when we stopped on the top and then started walking down my dislike for running won out over the need to run. Later in the night I once again remembered why I’m not a video game person as I played fairly poorly on two Xbox games. I am however in love with a tiny dog named Fury. Normally I don’t like tiny dogs, but this one was adorable, especially when he fell asleep on my lap for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment