Friday, November 25, 2005

I Forgot To Title This One


After having graduated from OBC I am at home again not knowing what the future holds. At the moment I'm not particularly concerned about it because it still seems a long way off, but it's really only next week that I will be reporting to my first unit. I don't even know if they will be deployed yet, and the phone calls, searching on the web, and trying to get information out of people I know who might know something have left me only with possible predictions of what lies ahead.

I have all these ideas of what life will be like and what I will be like in a few years. As I've discovered,my dreams and reality don't actually coincide very often. I'm basically still the same person I was back in high school, but with a little more education and training. Darstic changes as a person are not my style. My TAC officer from OBC called me his most consistant lieutenant, and also told me that he thought of me as the "slow and steady one who wins the race." He noted that I did well, third academically in my class, but managed to fly under the radar the whole time because I never got in any trouble and I didn't particulary stand out in any way. Perhaps I'm a bit too consistant. I would like to improve in many areas.

While I'm sitting here typing this I'm thinking about how much it annoys me that I don't have a very good grammar base and usually my spelling is less than sub-par. Even though this really frustrates me and I berate myself for it, I don't do anything to actually change it or try and work on solving the problem. That seems to be my answer to things in life. I am very hard on myself when I don't feel I measure up, which happens fairly often in my mind, yet I don't put a lot of effort into changing the situation. My lack of effort hinders any improvment on my part.

Now to completely switch topics...for Thanksgiving my Grandma, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Barb and Cory, Heidi, and Uncle Gary and his family all came over. Betsy and Mark didn't attend since they are still on their honeymoon. Betsy did call twice, however, because she wanted directions to a mall near where they are staying. Why they want to go to a mall the day after Thanksgiving I do not know. Personally, that is the one day of the year that I try and avoid shopping at all costs even though there are so many sales and give aways. The long lines and crowds drive me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment