Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Listening Ear

Friend: things are not that hot with my GF
Me: i'm sorry to hear that
Me: how long have you two been together?
Friend: her mom got lung cancer and i cannot find way to help her by being thousands of miles away
Friend: about a year now
Me: sometimes the best help is just being a listening ear and nothing more
Me: guys tend to want to solve problems, but girls often just want a place to vent and aren't necessarily looking for answers and solutions
Friend: i am trying but that is painful for me
Friend: and difficult
Friend: must be harder for her i know
Me: i don't know her situation, and don't know what she needs or wants, but having gone through cancer with both my sisters in the past few years, and now my cousin, what i needed was just someone to talk to and listen to me.  i hope things get better for both of you, and that her mom beats the cancer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment