Thursday, October 02, 2003

I'm now at 80 minutes of sleep in the past 41.5 hours. I shouldn't complain though. At least I was able to get some sleep, and tonight I can sleep. When Mindy sent out an email about the captains practice tomorrow morning, I was very tempted to actually go, but the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that would probably hurt me more than it would help me. We have our first race this week, the Textile Regatta in Lowell MA, and for that I need ot be well rested. Right now the simplest things are far to complicated, such as addition.

Tomorrow is Matt's Birthday. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!! I hope he has a great day.

The Thayer Award dinner was this evening. It was presented to GEN (R) Sullivan. The dinner lasted 2 hours.

Yesterday CSM Butts talked to my company about personal character. It was a really good talk, I just wish I could remember more of it right now. I rememeber him using Bill Clinton as an example. CSM Butts talked about how former President Clinton was an amazing orator. He had tremendous speaking abilities and people skills, but he cheated on his wife and had affairs, thus showing a lack of character. He also talked about how you have to develop character. It isn't suddenly handed to you one day. I really wish I could remember more of what he said. Perhaps it'll come back to me when I'm more awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment