Thursday, October 02, 2003

Happy Birthday Matt!

Last night I went to bed right at taps and was out by the time the taps check person came around. At 12 my phone started ringing. I have no idea how I woke up and heard it ringing. Maybe Alyson woke me up and told me my phone was ringing. All I know is that I got up and answered the phone thinking that it was probably one of the people in my Fitness Leader group calling to talk about the project. I didn't recognize their voice and they said their name was Matt S., but there wasn't a Matt S. in my group. I know of a Pat S. who goes to school here who some of my friends are friends with, but I had no idea why he would be calling me. He asked if he had woken me up, and I said yes. He seemed to know me, but I couldn't figure out how. I was really confused and so I asked the person again who they were and they repeated their name. Still no recognition as I racked my brain trying to figure out who it was calling me. Then I think they repeated their name again and all of a sudden I guess I woke up a little more and it hit me. It's Matt! One of the greatest guys in the whole wide world. One of my best friends from homel and who I had tried calling earlier that evening. I let out a happy "Oh! It's you!" Alyson started laughing because she had been hearing me sound really confused. I felt pretty bad for not figuring out who it was sooner. I really wanted to talk to him and catch up because we haven't talked for awhile, but I really needed sleep.

Last night I got 7 hours of sleep, but today I've been in a daze all day and feel like I pulled another all-nighter last night. It should be Friday by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment