Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Past Week

Recently I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying, but haven't really felt in the mood to write. I still don't feel much like writing, but perhaps I will once I start going.

I had a day of rest on Sunday, which was wonderful. I slept in and then read in bed for a bit. On my way to the 10am Mass I stopped by the phones and called home. After Mass I quickly popped my head in the TOC to make sure everything was fine. I then met up with Christy and Dan and went to lunch which was followed by going to the Protestant Contemporary service. After the service I went back to my room, watched 24, and finally guilted myself into getting up and heading to the gym for a bit. The day was very relaxing and I'm really looking forward to my next day of rest.

I received two DVDs from Heidi last week:) So far I've made it halfway through Cheaper By The Dozen. This version of the movie is much more true to the book than the new movie with that name, but the book, in both cases, is still my favorite.

My bike arrived a few days ago and I had help assembling it yesterday. I've only ridden it once so far because we're supposed to be getting rain tonight and tomorrow.

The deployment hasn't cured my book addiction. I purchased four more books on Amazon.com today and should get them in a week or two. Finding a bookcase, or some way to make a makeshift bookcase, is becoming a neccessity. Although I've started a new book collection I haven't been reading nearly as much as usual because each night I choose between watching 24 and reading, and so far 24 has won out more often then not.

Not much else is new here. Every day is groundhogs day. I have trouble distinguishing past days from one another.

It looks like I may have my 2 weeks home in March, but I'm not sure. It'd be nice to be home for my Dad's birthday if that is the month I'm going home. However, I'd most likely miss the Founders Day celebration that I've heard some people are putting together.

Jordan should be here soon. Yay:) I may not be able to see her very often because we're in different battalions and work different shifts, but it'll still be nice to know that at least one of my good friends from school/obc is here. Perhaps it'll work out that we can go to Church together. It's too bad though that she wasn't able to get in the same brigade as her husband.

2 comments:

  1. Ahem. [Top Secret] (despite sending the DVDs to you, I actually still have never seen the original Cheaper by the Dozen. My housemates & I watched Belles on Their Toes a week or so before I got it for you, though - that was the inspiration... Ruth had gotten a copy of it on sale, which is why we saw the second one first. & of course the books are best! It would be impossible to cram all of that wonderfulness into movies!)

    What books are you buying these days? As a fellow addict, always up for a new fix...

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heiko,

    The books I just bought are:
    1. Beyond Our Selves, by Catherine Marshall
    2. If I Perish: Facing Imprionment, Persecution and Death, a Young Korean Christian Defies the Japanese Warlords
    3. I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encouter With God
    4. Living Whole Without a Better Half

    They look like pretty light, easy reading, but books that will still stimulate some thought.

    Love you and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete