Thursday, February 02, 2006

Opposite of Previous Post

Holy Fire, burn away my desire for anything that is that is not of You and is of me...

Over the past few days it's come to my attention in a few ways that I have certain areas of my future all planned out. They are good plans in which I am trying to love and serve God, but they are plans of my own making and not Gods. I've gotten so stuck on trying to fit my life and future into my plans that I may be closing my eyes to what God has for me. When I realized I was doing this I had to sit down and give everything back over to Him. I asked him to destroy my plans if they are not from Him. Destroy sounds a bit extreme, but Id rather have what God has for me than what I think I want for myself. Its hard to do though. I find myself falling back into thinking about how I want things to turn out instead of turning it over to God. Yes, its okay to have dreams, hopes, wishes, and plans, but not to the point where I am blinded to where God is leading me.

2 comments:

  1. Very good. Very very good.

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me but this is ridiculous and pathetic
    just what is going on in this world?

    ....

    and dad says (i expect him to have the the voice of the evil starwars-emperor):
    "Very good! Very very good! (Come to the dark side hurhurhur!)"

    ReplyDelete