Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Yesterday we had morning practice for Crew, and so Anne and I were going to go on a short, pretty light ruck march in the afternoon. We figured it'd be a good idea to start getting used to rucking again for this summer. Jen, one of our teammates who is going to Air Assualt this summer, sent out an email in the afternoon telling everyone that she was going on ruck march and invited anyone to join her. Anne, Jen, and I all ended up going on the Ruck march together. Our original plan of 3 miles soon turned into a 6 miler, which included going up some of the biggest hills, the biggest being the one up to stony lonesome. It was fun, but tireing. I weighed my ruck when I got back, and I'd been carrying 40 pounds. That's a little more than I would've normally started out with, but I was just stuffing my CS books into my ruck to make it heavy and didn't bother to weigh it before hand. Midway through the ruck march I realized two things, the first being that today I'm supposed to seat race, and the second being that I'm still on profile and not supposed to be doing somehting like that. It was a little late to do anthing about it, so I just continued on.

Today's the big day...1600-1800 is when it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment