Wednesday, April 28, 2004

What I should be doing right now is my reading for Mil Art, but instead I've been browsing the web and looking at different sites for the past 40 minutes. I'll get to Mil Art eventually. Tomorrow's lesson is about counterinsurgency with two readings: "A Strategy of Tactics" by Andrew Krepinevich, and "Evolution of Strategy" by GEN Westmoreland.

This afternoon Dana and I went for a short ruck march. Anne was supposed to come as well, but she was stuck at a social all afternoon for the scholarship class. Dana and I only did a little over 3 miles, but I increased my ruck to 59 lbs. CS books are definetly the way to go if you want to get the most weight in the ruck.

Recently I've had some interesting discussions with adam about how my mind works. I think a lot, but am not a real talkative person, although I do have my moments. Along with that, I over think a lot of things, but not the important things like homework. I'll sit and analyze something for hours, pondering it, questioning it, trying to figure it out, and figureing out the reason. If I try and explain it in words, I can't seem to get it out fast enough, or slow my thought process down enough so that I can express it. I get lost really easliy when I'm trying to explain stuff because all the while I'm thinking I'm also going off on little tangents in my head, and so trying to talk and also think about multiple things and once doesn't work. Writing is a little easier because I have time to pause, think some more, and go off in my different directions in my head before I come back to the main topic at hand.

The only thing I've found so far that I've found I like to study like that is the Bible and religous material. I read a small passage and it will send me off in some other direction, coming up with questions that I then think about and try and figure out, and eventually either I'll set the question aside for the moment, or else have looked into it enough where I've started to come up with an answer. Then I'll go back to the original passage and try and read a bit more, which will then set me off on another search. It takes me awhile to make it through anything, but I find the whole proccess rather enjoyable and I learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment