Sunday, September 01, 2013

Friends and Family Day

Dear Ava,

Most days we are fortunate if I am showered and dressed by 5 PM and we make it out of the house for a quick errand by 7 PM.

However, one day this past week we were out of the house twice, with the first time being around 11:30 PM. Granted, showering was not involved prior to that first trip, but I will take what I can get.

Our trip out in the wee hours of the morning (that being anytime before noon) consisted of going to visit our wonderful and amazing friend Angelique and her adorable almost four month old son.

Angelique is one of the most outgoing, thoughtful, giving people I know.
She invited us over for a very delicious lunch just when I really needed to get out of the house for a bit. I had never thought of using zucchini as a spaghetti substitute, but it was really good.

She also volunteered to watch you the next day and made a haircut appointment for me at the salon she goes to when I mentioned that my hair really needed to be trimmed and I didn't know how I would accomplish that anytime soon.

Though a family emergency prevented her from babysitting you, it was so kind and thoughtful of her to offer and I appreciated her help with the salon appointment. Grandma F. stepped in and watched you instead (Thank you!!!).

Later that same evening we went out for frozen custard with Grandma F and all of your aunts, uncles, and cousins on my side of the family. It was the feast day of the saint for whom you have a cousin named and so a little celebration was in order.

I tried to take pictures, but only a couple were even close to being in focus since I was holding you at the same time.


You have a lot of catching up to do compared to your cousin who is five weeks older than you.
I hope that fist of yours isn't because you are plotting how to win the size war, because she is more than likely destined to be much taller than you.
Not that you will be short by any means, but her parents are overall taller than your dad and I. Plus, while you started off wearing newborn size socks, she started off wearing the 6-12 months size socks. Having grown up as the shortest and the youngest of my own tall immediate family I can assure you that it is a bearable cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment