Thursday, September 05, 2013

Bath Success

Dear Ava,

Last night you have a very successful bath. You almost seemed to enjoy it and amazing did not cry at all!

The success may be due to a number of factors to include a different baby bath tub, a foam bath tub insert to keep you warm, a higher water level, and the white noise of water running.

The bath tub I used in the bath disaster of August 2013 was a First Years Infant to Toddler bath tub with newborn sling.  Both times I used the tub you screamed bloody murder. The sling was cold and awkward to use, the water level wasn't high enough, and overall it was a miserable experience for both of us.

Yesterday I stumbled upon the Primo Euro-Bath and loved what I read in the reviews. One twenty percent off coupon later to Bye Bye Baby it was ours.

Getting ready for the bath and posing for pictures to send to daddy. Grandma F is holding you.
There wasn't a single cry heard from you the entire bath time. I was so proud of you and so thankful for the new bath tub.

Immediately post-bath.
 
While you didn't poop in the bath water this time, you did keep up your tradition of pooping in the towel sans diaper while Grandma F is holding you right after the bath.

I think this was the second or third time that has occurred. Perhaps we should get a diaper on you a bit quicker.

Though Grandma F loves you so much, I am sure she could live without being pooped on regularly.

Since this last bath was so pleasant, I am almost looking forward to your next bath. Maybe it really can be a relaxing, enjoyable bonding experience for us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks older and (I almost wrote chubby, but that's not right...) not-so-stick-thin :) What a cutie patootie and I'm so glad you were able to give her a non-traumatizing bath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the tub that I offered to loan you... ;) Glad it worked - and now you know why I love it (& lugged it all the way up here and am keeping it in storage for our next baby...) (And your daughter is adorable as ever.)

    ReplyDelete