Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Getting Ready To Go

Today I went to the range and zeroed and qualified with my M16. As long as all goes well tomorrow with getting some shots and a bit of paperwork I should be deploying Thursday. I'm still holding my breath just in case something happens and I don't end up going until later. I asked to be put on this flight because I didn't want to have to wait until January to go. I'm tired to sitting around feeling like I don't have a purpose, although my feelings will probably change pretty quickly once I get over there and find myself wishing for a break.

Currently I am tired and want to go to bed, or at least sit and stare at the tv, but I keep of thinking of things that I need to do, such as pack. The hardest part about packing is trying to figure out what I'll need most readily accessible because that determines the order that I pack my bags. I also don't have a packing list, so I hope that I am taking everything I need. I know I need to make a trip to the store to buy a few comfort items, such as a pillow, but I really don't want to go right now. Plus, I'm sure I'll think of some things I need tomorrow and so I'll have to go back to the store. Once again I'm thinking too much and making life harder for myself.

1 comment:

  1. good luck then :) i'd have invited you down to austin for christmas eve dinner if you were staying, just in case you didn't have anywhere to go, but i wish you a safe journey and zero boredom (that, too, can be dangerous :p)

    ReplyDelete