Monday, December 05, 2005

Dreams For The Future

Me: I've realized that my dream in life is not a professional career, but to raise a family and even be a stay-at home mom while they are growing up
Friend: no way
Me: no way to which part?
Friend: i love it
Friend: i am surprised that's it
Friend: i rarely heard female make it their priority
Me: its something i realized 1.5 years ago.
Friend: i am not expecting the woman i will marry to do it, but i am praying that she does
Me: but its not something i usually share with people unless i feel really comfortable with them because it is so unusual these days
Friend: same here
Friend: what do you wish to have a career in?
Me: i used to want to work for the NSA, but now what i really just want to do is raise a family, be a support for my husband in whatever he does(i'd prefer one in the military), and if he is in the military, than help other military spouses through FRG groups, church groups, and stuff like that.
Friend: i find this a little bit puzzling
Me: how so?
Friend: that you dream of that
Me: why is that?
Friend: one would think that you will have dream of the sort of type A personality
Me: what do you mean?
Friend: usually people talk about how they want to be CEO, be doctor,...mainly focus their future on themselves their success
Friend: i do
Me: oh
Me: i guess maybe i used to do that, but my dream really is what i just said.

That is not to say that I don't like being in the miltary. I do, I want to serve my country, and right now I want to get deployed (although that may change in a few months after I've been deployed for a little while).

No comments:

Post a Comment