Friday, April 22, 2005

Tonight Charlie predicted that I'll be engaged by Christmas of '06. Originally he said by next summer, but then he remembered that I'll most likely be deployed for a bit, so he moved his prediction to Christmas time. This came about by him realizing that Jason, he, and I won't see each other for awhile after graduation. He told me to make sure to invite him to my wedding, and then proceeded to guess the time when I'll be engaged. I was rather suprised, especially in my current state of singleness without any sight of a relationship with anyone on the horizon. Charlie wasn't any help in providing a guess as to whom I would be engaged, but told me that the time would come "like a thief in the night." I told him I'd give him a call around Christmas of '06 and let him know if he was correct. Of course, if he somehow did manage to be correct then I couldn't be a part of NGEUT anymore, and I'd lose the bet with Anne about which one of us will get engaged first. We both say the other will be the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment