Tuesday, December 14, 2004

My room is a mess right now because I am trying to organize and move my stuff out of it. We have to completely empty out our rooms over the break. Usually we get to at least store stuff in the closet, but they changed the regulation this time. Having a car here makes it a little easier, because I can clear out stuff and take it home, leaving more room for stuff in the trunk room.

One thing I like about West Point is how safe it feels, and how trustworthy most peple are here. For example, on Friday I accidently left my bag of crew gear in the entrance to the C-store. I didn't realize I'd forgotten it until Saturday night when I was looking for my running shoes. The C-store wasn't going to be open again until Monday morning around 8am, although it had been open on Saturday due to TEEs. My concern was not that somebody would steal my bag, in fact, that thought never even entered my mind. I was more concered about whether the C-store personal had left it in the C-store, or taken it down to Central Guard Room. I didn't want to walk all the way to C-store and then be told it was at CGR. I didn't bother going for my bag until Monday afternoon after lunch, and found it just where I'd left it in the C-store entrance. It made me think of how lucky I am to go here.

The Christmas Eve Leave service is tonight up at the Cadet Chapel. Yay! I really like that service.

No comments:

Post a Comment