Friday, August 20, 2004

This morning I went to orthopedic sick call so that an orthopedic surgeon could look at my shoulder. I had gone on Monday afternoon to have it checked out, and they started me on rehab and told me to come back Friday morning to have them checked out some more. This morning the surgeon basically told me what I was told on Monday. I have multi-directional something or other, and surgery won't help me. Instead, they put me on a finely tuned rehab program in hopes that it helps. It was not a great confidence builder when the orthopedic surgeon called all of the other officers in the room, as well as all the trainies, over to take a look at my shoulders. He told me that what I have is level 3a something or other, and that high level swimmers, gymnasts,and baseball pitchers are usually the people that it is seen in. Kinda odd since I am none of those. Anyway, I'm not on profile, but they are going to watch me closely throughout the year. Basically I have to strengthen my rotator cuff muscle, because all of my ligiments are too loose to do me any good in trying to keep my shoulders in their sockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment