Thursday, August 26, 2004

Loving the vitamin C.

Alyson is a great person. She's kind, easy to get along with, a great roommate, but sometimes she share's a little too much. I say this because she has decided to share her cold with me. Ever since I got back to school I've been taking a multi-vitamin and drinking a glass of OJ at breakfast in hopes of avoiding catching anything. The period after a break is prime time for catching colds, because everyone brings back all the bugs from where they've been over the break. Alyson caught a nasty sounding cold last week that has left her voice sounding more like a frog than a human. My plan of avoiding getting sick was working until I lay down for a nap this afternoon and I noticed a little pre-cold tickle in my throat. I've spent the rest of the evening drinking water, eating oranges, eating Ricola vitamin C drops, and going for a run, in hopes that I can fend this thing off. So far it doesn't seem to be working. The runny nose started during my hw, and my head is starting to feel more and more cold-like. I figure I'll know the answer for sure tomorrow morning after crew practice.

Ring weekend begins the day after tomorrow, or in 1 hour 10 minutes, tomorrow. YAY!!

It seems that recently I've been having more and more aches and pains. My foot last semester, my shoulders, stupid cold, and also my elbow. Grrr. According to Alyson, who is a Chem Life Science major and applying to med school, so to me her diagnosis is as good as a doctor's, I probably have a pinched nerve in my elbow. No clue how that happened. I noticed it on Monday when it felt like I had a rather painful bruise, but I couldn't find a bruise. Then in the evening I noticed my elbow was a bit numb. It feels like it is getting better, although every now and then I put my elbow down in a spot that touches off whatever is causeing the pain, and it shoots through my elbow. Ah well, life wouldn't be interesting if we couldn't feel.

People probably find my blog rather annoying to read, which I don't mind in the least. The fewer readers, the better, because then I don't have to wonder as much about who is reading it. In any case, my entries rarely are written very well. Grammar, spelling, paragraph flow, and that other stuff and junk, I choose to ignore while writing. When I write it is basically a brain dump for me. I passed EN302, with a lot of prayers I should add, so I do posses some knowledge of how to write correctly, but that takes time and energy. Time and energy happen to be precious commodaties here, and I'm not about to spend them on this, although it does annoy me when I write something and I know that the grammar or spelling is wrong, but I rarely bother to go back and correct it. I'd rather remain annoyed and have the extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment