Saturday, February 21, 2004

The Toby Keith concert was awesome. It was the best one I've been to here so far, of course the only other ones I've only seen here are Dave Matthews and OAR. The Sunday we get back from Spring Break John Mayer is coming here and having a concert. Adam and I went and got tickets for that one as well. A few songs into the concert tonight Toby took a break between songs and announced the best news of the night. He told he talked to the Supe and SAMI is canceled tomorrow. Every cadet in there started yelling at the top of their lungs, jumping up and down, giving high fives to each other, hugging each other, and had the biggest grins on their faces. I was no exception to that. It made my night, not that the concert alone didn't make it. I think the civilians, as well as Toby and the rest of the band, were a bit lost as to why we went crazy wild. I think Toby won over the hearts of the whole corps tonight by telling us the news of no SAMI.

Scotty Emerick opened for Toby and they sang a few songs together. That was cool.

Anne and I were the only two varsity members to show up to the afternoon practice today instead of the morning practice. We skipped out early to help Coach K get ready for a history banquet, but made it back down to the boathouse in time for the pizza with the novies.

Seeing as to how I now don't have to stay up all night cleaning and dusting every nook and cranny in the room for SAMI tomorrow, I think I shall go to bed. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment