Friday, August 30, 2002

This weekend is 1000th night. That means that I only have 1000 days left until graduation. YIPPEE!!!!

Once again there's a blatant example of how different West Point is from a "normal" college. Instead of having beer drinking contests we have milk drinking contests. Tonight at dinner I stuck around and witnessed my first one. It was a cow and a plebe who sit at my table along with two other plebes, and then another plebe joined in a little later, trying to see who could drink the most cartons of milk without throwing up. I think Ladner, the plebe at my table, won by drinking 12 milks before he let it spray. The cow and one other plebe each got to 11 cartons before they bent over the water jug. That is one contest I'll definetly never be involved in. It was kinda funny because there was one plebe at my table who didn't get involved in the contest and he was sitting right in the middle of the guys camly eating his dinner. For dessert he had a few pieces of cake and then took a whole cake that was on the table and tried to eat all of it by holding the plate up to his face. Of course someone watching smashed the whole thing into his face as he ate and he ended up with his face covered in frosting. A firstie made him stop midway through the cake because it looked too unprofessional and there was an officer nearby.

Today I found out I made the Varsity Crew Team :) Tomorrow for practice we're going for a run at 5:30am because most of us are leaving on pass in the afternoon. 24 hours from now I'll be long gone from this place. I hope I can get on an earlier flight home because right now I'm not supposed to get in to Detroit until 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment