Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Slowing Down

Dear Ava,

You are currently fast asleep laying across my lap with Luvey Bunny in your arms. Right now you don't care much either way about Luvey Bunny and I was the one to put the bunny in your arms. I am hoping that you grow very attached to him/her/it and that you are able to fall asleep and stay asleep eaiser on your own as a result.

To say that you are attached to me is an understatement. It's both adorable and exhausting, something I enjoy as well as something that makes me go crazy.

I'm trying to remember that this is only a phase. There will come a day when I can work out at the gym alone, have you take a nap without me holding you, be out of your sight without you bursting into tears the moment I am gone.

As much as I look forward to that day, right now you are giving me the gift of slowing down, of cherishing this time with you. As much as I would like to be already showered, dressed, and having accomplished many tasks and goals for today, sitting in a dark room holding you while you sleep is good for me. In the mad rush and chaos of life I have a chance to Be Still.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment