Saturday, February 08, 2014

16 More Months

Dear Ava,

Two nights ago, after you had already fallen asleep, Joe/Daddy told me some bad news. A much hoped for assignment for him fell through. The assignment would've allowed us to start living together as a family this July. As it currently stands, we have another 16 more months apart from him.

16 months. You will be just shy of two years old. We will be about to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. 16 more months.

You daddy and I started dating in the summer of 2010. Our whole relationship has been long distance; only seeing each other for a few weeks with an average of 3 months between visits.

On a run together in Korea during a visit in November 2010

Every year I tell myself that next year we will be able to be together. Having it not only fall through, but also be even longer apart than I planned, is hard to take.

I am still holding out hope for us being able to start living together this summer. More accurately, every part of me is clinging to that hope.

It would involve us moving to Seoul, South Korea. We would only be able to take what I could fit into 2 suitcases. I've already started to mentally pack those suitcases.

I am not ready to accept no as an answer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment