Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pajamas

Dear Ava,

What is the right room temperature and number/type of clothing layers for you at night? I have spent more than a couple hours of your short life awake at night worrying that you are either going to overheat or be too cold. The result is that I often end up changing one or more pieces of your clothing in the middle of the night even though I am not sure you actually were too hot or too cold. Someday I hope to be able to put you to sleep without worrying about what you are wearing and the temperature of the room. I think that day may be when you are 30 or 40. Please try to be understanding when I show up at your college dorm room with a set of pajamas with feet for you to wear at night. I will start putting aside some money now for all the years of therapy you will need because of my inability to figure out the perfect sleep attire and room temperature for you. 

1 comment:

  1. "Go put a sweater on - your mother's cold!" ;) I think when I was pregnant with Bastian, I read the tip that feeling the back of the baby's neck is the best indicator of whether the baby is too warm or cold. It's what I've used since, and it does seem to work well - much better than hands and feet, for instance.

    ReplyDelete