Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Mommy & Daughter Outing

Dear Ava, 

We made our first solo trip out yesterday. Just you and me...and the BMW. I'd been wanting to go to Target for a few days, but the sleepless nights got in the way of accomplishing much during the day. Today, however, I have been a lot more productive as I try to keep my mind off the fact that your dad is currently in a plane flying to the other side of the world. After straightening up our room, organizing your clothes, and doing other small tasks around the house I finally decided to take the plunge and go to Target with you. 

The was a major event not only because it was our first solo outing, but also because it was the our first solo outing with the BMW. We bought the BMW just a few days after you were born. We needed a bigger car, your dad wanted to ensure we were safe and didn't have to worry about vehicle maintenance, and he absolutely loves BMWs. I am still trying to figure out how he talked me into us buying the X5 (it cost a lot!), but I love the safety, size, and no hassle maintenance. 

Yesterday was the first time I drove it, and that was only around the block with your dad sitting in the passenger seat making sure I understood all of the controls and features. I refused to drive the car for the first time with you in it. Driving an expensive car carrying priceless cargo (you) would have been too much for me, especially since it was raining yesterday.

Our first family car: 

On a side note, occasionally when you nurse you have really cute poses, like the one right now where your hands are folded together up against your left cheek. I immediately think about taking a picture, but thankfully realize that I would be showing the world much more of myself then I am comfortable with in said picture. Oh well.

The trip to Target went very well. You slept almost the entire time and also survived being alone in the second row of the car. On every other car trip of your life someone (mostly me) sat back there with you. I think it was more for daddy's and my piece of mind rather than your needing someone back there. 



You are definitely growing and changing. Your head is bigger today than it was even yesterday. The was another newborn at Target and to me you seemed older and bigger than her. It is amazing to watch you change and grow even though you are only 12 days old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment