Thursday, March 24, 2005

This morning I registered online to go to RMH for the 3 June session. I still have to send in my $75 before I'm officially registered. I also listed three books online with CampusBooks in hopes of selling them and getting some money for the trip.

I should be working on editing the SKDMARCS NCUR paper, but I've been procrastinating all morning and doing anything but get around to editing it.

During CS394 today I realized that I'd never done a CVS update on byron, but instead I had been working off my local machine, which meant my teacher would not be grading the stuff that I had actually worked on since he wanted everything on byron. During class I explained my situation to him and he told me to email him and he'd do the update, but take a few points off. With the project already at a 10% deduction due to being turned in late and probably missing some key components (such as the test cases not working when we switched over to byron from localhost, and forgetting to do XHTML validation testing), I'm praying that my mistake doesn't knock my group off the deep end.

During CS482 Erik and I sat around trying to figure out what to do for the CDX. We're tasked as the Domain Controllers, but have no clue what to do. We know what a domain controller is and the function of one, or at least have a little idea, but don't have any guidance from our team leader as to what he wants us to do. We joked about denying access privileges to everyone in order to make it secure, but our teacher didn't think that was very funny.

I just realized that this is the most I've talked about CS stuff in quite awhile. I tend to avoid all discussions related to computer matters and any computer related learning (besides when people ask me for help), when it's not required for a class. I definitely think I've learned more this year, and also find the skills much more applicable, than either of the past two years when I was still a major. Some parts are almost enjoyable at times (when things work), but my outside reading and time is usually spent doing things that have nothing to do with learning more about the subjects I'm studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment