Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Yet another day down. Not much happened today worthy of mentioning, just the usual class, practice, hw, and avoiding hw.

On a totally different subject...
When I read the New Testament it seems so alive, every verse seems to jump out at me and speak directly to me. However, I'd been having trouble reading the Old Testament. It didn't seem to speak to me in the same way, and it didn't really catch my interest. After yet another frustrating attempt last Thursday I prayed and asked God that he would show me how to read the Old Testement. That evening I went to the OCF prayer time at the cadet interfailth center like usual on Thursday nights, and Ryan and Jim were already there. We sat and talked for a little while about God, faith, and then Ryan mentioned he was reading the Old Testament, and I knew right away that God was providing the answer to my prayers. I told Jim and Ryan about how I was having trouble getting excited about the Old Testement in the same way as the New Testement. Ryan told me to start at the beginning and read the old testement through. There was the answer, so simple, so obvious, and yet I had completely ignored it before. I've started to read it that way again, and am getting so much more out of it. God definetly does answer prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment