Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mid-August

Though the week as a whole went by fairly quickly, the days seemed to drag by and this month also feels like it is passing very slowly.  Part of the problem is that I keep thinking about leave...3.5 months from now.  In the grand scheme of things that is not a very long time, but when I think about the fact that its only mid-August and I won't be able to do all the stuff I'm dreaming about (mainly sleep), and see all the friends and family I miss so much until December, it wears on me.  On the brighter side of things, I've convinced myself that the hottest part of the year has officially past and it will only get cooler from here on out. Since August is the hottest month of the year, and 15 August is the middle of the month, we have therefore past the hottest day of the hottest month.  I don't care how skewed and wrong my thought process is about this because I am happy in my little world thinking that it will only get cooler outside.  Plus, I'm convinced that as it gets cooler out the time will also start to pass quicker.  My logic is full of holes, but at least I'm happier thinking this way.
 
I wonder which handgun he decided upon, the 1911 or the Springfield XD?

3 comments:

  1. Your mother and I have a similar trick in the approaching winter months; only x number of days until the days get longer...

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's getting cooler out there--temperatures are getting downright chilly in Texas. (Okay, so it's only 50-somethingF at night and high 70sF in the daytime!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that thinking you had already complained about that -- but then i realized you just hadnt written an update in a while :)
    I am for sure not moving back into good ol' Falcon, we'll be part of MND-C, and we have been told about 5 different places we were definitly going to go to. So we dont really know much more than we'll be somewhere in the south of Iraq.
    I can;t wait to go to Kuwait soon, this place is way too cold. There was ice on the tarps of our vehicles today, and in the grass.
    I only have internet on my work computer, none at home, so facebook is generally for the weekends when I go to the PX.

    ReplyDelete