Friday, August 01, 2008

The Gym

New mile record for me: 6:47 (once again though, 0% incline on a treadmill).
 
I've been a bit more homesick than usual recently.  This week has been a rather slow week work-wise and so I was able to average 13 hr work days and then get to the gym around 11pm. 
 
I'm half attempting to do this program at the gym called Body For Life.  It's an exercise regime and somewhat "diet" that you're supposed to stick to.  I regularly cheat on the diet and often do my own workouts (mainly cardio with a little weight lifting a couple times a week), but still managed to lose 3 pounds and 2-3% body fat (supposedly down to about 18%).  When it comes down to it, I'm not sticking to the program at all, but at least I'm still seeing results. 
 
I tend to talk about working-out on here because I don't feel comfortable talking about work due to OPSEC and other issues, and the gym is one of the few things that leaves me with of a sense of accomplishment and where I can see positive results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment