Friday, September 09, 2005

I've been rather tired recently. I especially noticed it this past weekend, although it was pretty prevelant before then. All I wanted to do was sleep all the time, which wasn't exactly what everybody else wanted to do. This week I've felt ready to go to bed around 7 or 8 each evening, and a few times I have laid down to take a nap, but usually my mind is still in overdrive and so I don't actually sleep. At night I drift off to sleep fairly quickly, but wake up anywhere between 2am to 4am and basically just doze the rest of the night, which isn't great. Perhaps tonight will be better.

Yesterday my squad got torn to pieces during our briefing. I think I heard our brief taker say maybe 1.5 positive things during the whole hour and forty minutes he ripped into us. It was supposed to only be a 45 min brief. His comments were very good, but it was really depressing to have the presentation torn apart from the very first slide. The rest of the class heard about our experience and offered their sympathy. Rachel, who is in my squad, attributes it in part to the fact that we have been doing the same thing for the past month to month-and-a-half and are getting burnt out from it. I can't wait to move on to something else.

Midway through the presentation my throat started to get really scratchy, and since I'd finished off my bottle of water before the briefing started I assumed I was just thirsty. Turns out I was catching a cold right in the middle of our briefing. I felt rather crummy the whole evening, but a really strong motrin and a cup of tea helped a bit. I definetly have at least a slight cold, but at least I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment