Monday, September 12, 2005

It's monday, but my group is already losing it mentally. I volunteered to go a on a work detail to clean the grill outside because I wanted to get out of the classroom. Most people didn't want to go on the work detail, but those of us who did go on it were all really happy to be outside and not in the TOC. When I got back in the room 1.5 hours later (we sat around a lot while waiting for supplies, but didn't mind that at all), Rachel spelled the word friendly with the e before the i not just once, but twice, so John put a cartoon of her up on the white board and we all laughed about it (including her). John and I then started to play paper football because we had no clue how to do the rest of the COA analysis, and neither did anyone else. It was a real productive morning to say the least.

This past weekend was pretty fun, and more relaxing than most other weekends. On Friday Rachel and I got to leave class an hour early in order to go to the VFW post and help serve at the Women's Auxillary dinner. All we did was take food out to people and stand around in the kitchen for 2.5 hours. We finished around 7:30 in the evening. I was so tired that I went to bed at 8:30 that night. I woke up once during the night when Chris IM'd me from France around 3am. I need to remember to turn down my computer volume at night so if people IM me it won't wake me up. I thought about responding to the IM, but then decided to go back to sleep instead. I finally decided to get up around 7:30. It was great sleeping for 11 hours.

On Saturday I spent the morning watching the first part of the UM vs Notre Dame game, but was getting mad at Michigan, so I decided to go run some errands. I picked up some arch supports for my running shoes, but I'm not sure if it feels better or worse using them. I think I spent the rest of the day reading and watched TV until 5pm and then headed over to Barnes to go work at the BN boxing match. My class all worked at it because it was our class volunteer project. Originally I was supposed to help with the hot dogs, but ended up being tasked to video tape the whole thing. Some of the bouts were fairly interesting to watch because the people were either really good, or they were not good at all. I also spent a lot of time just day dreaming and people watching, because I wasn't allowed to leave the camera. Occasionally I'd call a friend on my cell phone and ask them to bring me a soda or a hot dog. We finished up there around 11:30pm.

Sunday morning I got up and went to St. Andrews to check out their service. I enjoyed the service, especially the homily. Then, at 11, I went with Kate and Jordan to the Crossroads service on post. It was more of a worship service than a Church service. In the afternoon Kate and I headed out to the MIOBC soccer game. There are two teams from MIOBC in the league, and Sunday was the first game for both of them, and it was against each other. One team is almost completely composed of my class, while the other team has people from multiple classes. Since I know people on both teams I tried to support both teams, but ended up being called a traitor by Rachel and Natalie because I was sitting with Kate on the other team's side. Eventually I gave up and moved over to my team's side. In the evening I went over to Todd's house and he cooked dinner while I made him and his housemates brownies. I had a good time over there, and dinner was delicious, but the brownies didn't finish baking until around 10:20, so I ended up getting to bed a bit later than usual, which has left me feeling rather tired today. I hope the brownies turned out okay. I was headed out the door as soon as they were out of the oven because I was getting really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment