Thursday, February 24, 2005

Today I have seen God in action. He is amazing. Through everything that has been happening I have been trying to surrender it all to God, praise Him in all circumstances, and not feel sorry for myself, but today was a real struggle. My weekly meeting with Mrs. D helped cheer me up, and tonight has been amazing.

I went into today without a definite decision of where I wanted to post, so throughout the day I was praying about it. It seemed to come down to Fort Hood and Fort Drum, although previously I wanted Fort Carson, Fort Lewis, or Alaska. As the day wore on the desire to go to Fort Hood grew stronger, but I thought the chances of my actually getting one of the slots to go there was small, since I was 59th out of 71 and there were only 10 slots for it. I prayed that if it was where God wanted me that I'd get the last slot.

Right before we started picking posts my branch rep told us about a few changes in the rankings, and I actually moved up to 57th. The first posts to go out were both in Hawaii. I don't rememeber when Hood opened up, but the whole time I was praying "God, not my will but yours be done." As the Hood slots started to go I started to pray that the next person would pick Korea, and sure enough they did. That happened three or four times with different posts. Finally the 50th person got to pick, and there were 4 Hood slots left. There was a small debacle with someone trying to post with thier fiancee, and all of a sudden two Hood slots were gone, and there were still two people in front of me. The next person picked some other post and so I knew right then I had a Hood because there were two slots left, and then the next person picked Hood. I thanked God and picked the last Hood slot.

Other answered prayers:
- Annah had her biopsy yesterday and they think it was just a cyst.
- I really wanted to go on the OCF spring retreat, but had the NCUR conference at VMI as well as a crew regatta that weekend, so going was not even an option. Then, this morning I found out that only one person in my team has to go to the conference, and it most likely will be Mike. After crew practice I found out that the crew regatta for that weekend was taken off our schedule due to lack of funds. It looks like I'll be on the spring OCF retreat after all. Praise God! (Please pray that it stays that way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment