Saturday, June 07, 2003

This evening Becki and I went out for coffee and walked around downtown. When we were going back to the car we reached the top of the stairs of the parking structure and Becki opened the door and Andrew S. walked through it. I was so suprised to see him that as I went through the door I ran into Becki and almost tripped her when I stepped on her flip-flop. He looked exactly the same as he had in high school. After the door shut I stammered to Becki "that...that was Andrew." For the life of me I couldn't remember his last name and that annoyed me so much that I coulndn't stop thinking and trying to figure it out until I was on my way home from Becki's house and it suddenly popped in my head. I'm not sure if he recognized me, but I'm guessing he did. We passed by each other without saying hi or anything and I tried not to show any suprise on my face, but I've learned that what I'm feeling shows through no matter how hard I try to keep a poker face. Hard to believe that it was 5 years ago already. He is on the list of my top crushes that I've had in my life. I started liking him at the end of freshman year of high school. Sophmore year we became good friends and he liked me for awhile and asked me out, but I said no. I had the bad luck of liking guys when they didn't like me and not liking them when they did like me. I later started liking him again, but he was intersted in someone else by then. We remained good friends until late fall of junior year when for some reason we just drifted apart and never really talked after that.

Thinking about Andrew made me think of the list of the biggest crushes I've had. Of course there were lots of small ones, but these are the major. Mike, Mark, Frank, Andrew, Ryan, Matt. I don't know why I stopped the list there and why Jake and Eric aren't on it. I dated Jake and I really liked Eric, but they just dont' seem to fit in the list. I guess it's because they were turning points and with them my thinking had slowly started to change. As I said before, I organize things in lines in my head and that is why I have this list. It's a timeline.