Sunday, June 08, 2008

5 Miles :)

Today I ran 5 miles faster than I ever have before: 40:12.  I cheated a bit because it was on a treadmill and the incline was at 0%.  The first 5 min were at a 9:14 pace at 0.5% incline.  Then I went up to 8min/mile pace at 0.5% incline for another mile or so  before going down to 0% incline and going up to a 7:54 min/mile pace, and then increased the pace for last 0.5 mile up to 7:30 min/mile pace and then up a bit more for the last quarter mile.  I left the gym quite happy :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What more can I say.

    Much love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were running in Kansas... You didn't actually specify time increments for the full 40:12, but I am duly impressed, as I have never managed to run five miles within 40 days and 12 hours, let alone anything under that...

    I've heard of people who always hated running and then discover they love it in adulthood. I tell myself that I could be one of those - but it would involve running in order to find out... Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats pretty cooool! PR's are always a big moment. Though, I bet you would do better outside in a beautiful cool Germany with a running partner making you go faster :)

    ReplyDelete