Monday, February 25, 2008

Peaceful Run

This evening I went for a run around the neighborhood and decided to run through a portion that is under construction.  Though I've lived in this area since June, it was the first time I ran in this area and I wish that I discovered it sooner. The developers hadn't started building houses and only 1/2 the roads were paved.  If I faced West I realized that I couldn't see any buildings in sight, which I found incredibly peaceful. I immediately felt some tension and stress leave my body as I ran further away from the developed areas and civilization. Though I had only planned on running 5 miles, I ended up running 6 miles because I was enjoying the calm and the scenery so much. It reminded me of my favorite portion of I-35, the Flint Hills.  All you can see is prairie and rolling hills without a man-made structure other than the freeway in sight for miles.  I looked forward to that part of the drive on my three trips along that route this year.  Perhaps I should move to Wyoming or Alaska some day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment