Monday, February 18, 2008

Flip-Flops Make Good Pillows

Since I don't have kids to write about yet I am instead going to write about Calvin and Violet.

This evening I ended up dog-sitting Calvin and Violet while Karen went down to Austin for the night with Kristen, our other roommate who just got back from Iraq on Friday, and their friend Matt, who is back on R&R from Iraq. I had planned to stick around the house and do more packing anyway, so watching the dogs wasn't a problem for me. What I didn't think of when I agreed to watch them is that both dogs had slept all afternoon. Calvin was tired from a run that Karen and Matt took him on, but Violet was sleeping because Calvin was sleeping. The result was that Violet had a ton of energy while I was trying to pack later in the evening. She tried to get that energy out by chewing on anything an everything, to include my watch (while I was wearing it), my pocket zipper on my pants (while I was wearing those pants), a pair of fluffy bunny ears attached to a headband (fake, and I was not wearing them), and my pony tail if I happened to by lying on the ground. Thankfully, though her teeth are pointing she doesn't doesn't actually do any damage to anything with them...yet.

Dinner was another issue (theirs, not mine). Violet has puppy food while Calvin has big dog food, and both of them seem to prefer the others. Calvin isn't a very picky eater and so he eventually eats any food in his dish, but Violet was only interested in chewing on the plastic bowl her food was in and didn't appear to be interested in her food at all. If I left her alone then the food would get spilled all over the floor and Calvin would gladly eat all of it for her. I'm not sure how much she has actually eaten the past few days because what I just described seems to be the general trend. I finally figured out that if I put her food in my hand and hold it out to her she'll eat it that way (with a few nibbles on my fingers), but if I leave it on the ground then she's not interested in eating it. I ended up feeding her her whole cup of food from my hand while Calvin tried his best to get to her food anyway he could.

Below are a few pictures I took throughout the evening of Calvin and Violet:

Flip-Flops make good pillows.


Calvin trying to reach the blueberry muffins I just baked.


Calvin and Violet asleep in the Couch

Calvin and Violet in the Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Wow - *little* puppy, hm? Cutie! God did well making the baby things cute and cuddly - much more lovable and much less annoying that way! Thanks for posting the pictures :).

    ReplyDelete