Saturday, November 17, 2007

Staff Duty


Last night I had staff duty once again. Though as the officer on duty I am allowed to rest, I can never manage to get any good sleep. I spent almost the whole night sitting at my desk in the office either reading, surfing the internet, watching movies, or dozing in my chair. It tends to get quite cold in there at night and the above picture is of me sitting at my desk around 1:30 AM trying to stay warm. What is not visible is that underneath the fleece jacket I am wearing a t-shirt, wool sweater, and the ACU top, as well as wool gloves on my hands. Though I managed to stay warmer than any other time I've been on Staff Duty, I was still a bit cold at times. The Soldiers on duty laughed at me at first when they saw me wearing all that clothing, but when I went to check on them later on during the night they saying that they were freezing. Trying to adjust the thermostats does nothing.

Currently I am wide awake, but I'll probably crash shortly after the big game is over since I haven't done more than an hour of dozing in the past 30 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kate - I feel your pain - er, cold. Right now, as I type at my dining room table, I am wearing (from the bottom up) a silk long-underwear tank-top, a cotton tank top, a cotton long-sleeved shirt, my thick Michigan hooded sweatshirt, my blue zipper hooded sweatshirt, and a thick scarf wrapped around my neck twice. Here's to layers!

    Glad you slept more than you expected!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete