Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Settling Down...I wish

My time at home is quickly drawing to an end, and with the end comes the sadness of having to leave once again. Being back in the states and at home has made me all the more wish that I had a place (ie. apartment or house), of my own to call home. That and I'm finding out about more and more of my classmates, and now people in '06, who are engaged or married. I should count myself lucky for the living situation I've ended up with in Iraq, but it still doesn't quite compare to my own place where I can unpack my boxes and trunks which are currently under the basement stairs in my parent's house.

I guess what I really want is a chance to settle down a bit. I've spent the past year moving every few months all over the United States and world. I have a good chunk of time left in Iraq, but I don't consider being there really settling down and feeling at home.

Many of my classmates are in the same situation that I am in, that being we haven't had a chance to really experiance what it's like to live in the real world. The upside is that I am saving a ton of money by not having any bills to pay this year.

2 comments:

  1. hey,sorry I didn't get a chance to see you while you were home. i hope things do settle down for you a little more in the future. deb and I wish you well. Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much Kate. We have totally lacked that "in touch" aspect of our friendship haven't we?
    One problem is that I don't really read blogs anymore on a regular basis! So I claim total ignorance of well... everything. Are you getting the fiveamigas email lists? if so, could you post there so we could all get a universal update on how you are?

    feel free to email me! lots tot talk about i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete