Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Johnny Appleseed

Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;
Oh, the Lord's been good to me.

-The Johnny Appleseed Song

This was the song that I used to sing for grace before my apple juice and graham crackers in the church nursery and later in preschool. For some reason I remember those graham crackers tasting better than any other ones I’ve had elsewhere, but that is besides the point. The song popped into my head today after I realized that I once again was in a bad mood, most likely feeling sorry for myself, and needed an attitude change. Funny how those days tend to coincide with the days where I choose to sleep in rather than work out, which leads to me sleeping in later than planned and having to rush through my morning prayer time, if I actually get up in time to have a prayer time. If only my work out partner (who will remain nameless, but who’s name starts with a J and ends with an O-R-D-A-N), and I weren’t so good at convincing one another that we should go back to bed and sleep some days. Okay, so it’s not really Jordan’s fault that I don’t get in a good prayer time, but it’s
so much easier to lay the blame on someone else besides myself. The point is that when I don’t start the day by spending time, quality time that is, with God, it’s usually not a great day for me. Back to the song, I started singing it while thinking of the things I have to be thankful about. As I thanked God for different things my attitude did start to change. Once again I learned a lesson about being thankful in all circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. so funny... i was singing that today! Gd has been SO good to me today and I just started singing that song in thanks to Him. Funny how things like that come abck to you when you least expect it! And it's funny that we both have been thinking of that song as of late.

    ReplyDelete